Senior Legal Counsel (m/f/d) based in Zurich
We’re looking for a Senior Legal Counsel (m/f/d) to join Allianz Risk Transfer AG (ART AG) in Zurich.
In this role, you will provide support, guidance and advice to management and other departments of ART AG (including its foreign branch offices and subsidiaries) and Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty’s (AGCS) global functions in relation to relevant legal, regulatory, governance and compliance matters affecting ART AG and AGCS business with a focus on corporate law, regulatory and insurance law matters in Liechstenstein and Switzerland. You will support the Legal and Compliance activities at AGCS globally and ensures that all practices, policies, and business activities of the organization fall within the bounds of the organization's legal posture. You will also oversee the preparation and, if necessary, the execution of documents and may supervise other legal and compliance staff.
You will be reporting to the Head of Legal & Compliance ART AG.
- Provide legal support, guidance and advice to management and other departments of ART AG (including its foreign branch offices and subsidiaries) and AGCS global functions in particular for Liechtenstein, Switzerland and Bermuda, including the analysis of legal queries, development, evaluation of solutions and written or oral presentation to clients with a special focus on corporate law, regulations, insurance and reinsurance law (all lines of business) and general contract law.
- Provide legal support to include contract negotiation and general commercial law issues with third party contracts involving IT and general service contracts and data requirements (GDPR and Swiss Data Protection Act).
- Contribute to legal and regulatory change monitoring relevant for ART AG (incl. its foreign branch offices) in a risk-based manner in line with regulatory and AGCS internal requirements.
- Provide compliance support for designated activities of ART AG at the direction of the Head of Compliance (e.g. assessment of key compliance risks and mitigating controls, performance of annual risk assessments in accordance with AGCS / Allianz Group requirements, development and implementation of guidelines or procedures, provision of compliance trainings and conducting compliance investigations and enquiries).
Regulatory and Governance Support:
- In alignment with the Head of Legal & Compliance, maintain and adjust the legal, regulatory and compliance framework and processes of ART AG in order to meet the legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Provide support and handle governance and licensing matters of ART AG in alignment with local and AGCS Global Governance requirements (e.g., review and update of ART AG corporate rules and procure ratification of AGCS Global corporate rules, support the annual review of the System of Governance, support the preparation and minutes taking of Board of Directors and Audit Committee meetings).
Wordings and Contracts:
- Analyse, review and draft contracts and other legal documents from relevant jurisdictions (with a focus on Switzerland and Liechtenstein), in particular insurance and reinsurance wordings across all lines of business and other types of commercial agreements, IT and service contracts including contract negotiation with internal and external clients.
External Counsel Coordination:
- Coordinate the use of external law firms on relevant matters and reduce the amount of fees spent on those mandates while increasing or maintaining the level of quality.
- Master Degree in Law / Bar admission
- Excellent knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to the company (Switzerland/Liechtenstein)
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in the insurance industry or international law firm
- Expert knowledge of and practical experience with Swiss/Liechtenstein corporate law, (re)insurance law across multiple lines of business and areas (underwriting, claims, reinsurance, broker relations) and compliance matters
- Good understanding of the insurance business; Preferably a background in business related functions, such as Claims or Underwriting
- Ability to comprehend business issues, identify legal issues in business transactions, and provide legal practical recommendations and business considerations
- Ability to anticipate potential legal issues which may affect multiple clients or have multi-legal speciality implications
- Proven experience of working internationally and remotely across numerous locations ideally within a complex matrix organization
- Desired: practical experience with English (re)insurance law
- Ability to act with considerable independence
- Excellent time management, communications, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills
- Strong business acumen and client service mentality
- Ability to build and maintain relationships across various lines of business and with external cooperation partners
- Fluent German and English skills are required
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS) is a leading global corporate insurance carrier and a key business unit of Allianz Group. We provide risk consultancy, Property-Casualty insurance solutions and alternative risk transfer for a wide spectrum of commercial, corporate and specialty risks across 10 dedicated lines of business. Our customers are as diverse as business can be, ranging from Fortune Global 500 companies to small businesses, and private individuals. Among them are not only the world’s largest consumer brands, tech companies and the global aviation and shipping industry, but also wineries, satellite operators or Hollywood film productions. They all look to AGCS for smart answers to their largest and most complex risks in a dynamic, multinational business environment and trust us to deliver an outstanding claims experience.
Worldwide, AGCS operates with its own teams in 32 countries and through the Allianz Group network and partners in over 200 countries and territories, employing over 4,300 people. As one of the largest Property-Casualty units of Allianz Group, we are backed by strong and stable financial ratings. In 2019, AGCS generated a total of €9.1 billion gross premium globally.
For more information, visit www.agcs.allianz.com or follow us on Twitter @AGCS_Insurance and LinkedIn.
Zurich, ZH, Switzerland